Primary Sport Premium Expenditure Report for Parents
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. Funding for schools is calculated by the number of primary-aged pupils, (between 5 and 11) as at the school census.
Purpose of Funding:
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have they freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include;
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sports clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/ sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs